13./ JG 27, Schleswig – Holstein, Germany, May 1945
After the Allied landings in Normandy in early June 1944, IV. Gruppe JG 27 was moved from Hungary to the French airfield of Champfleury-la-Perthe and began their participation in combat on the Western Front. After suffering heavy losses, the unit went to Saxony for rest and
replenishment. The unit was assigned to the Defence of the Reich structure. The unit was disbanded on March 31st, 1945, and its pilots were
distributed among the other units of JG 27.
The white wave marking on the rear fuselage identified this aircraft as being assigned to the IV. Gruppe, and the green band to the Defence of
the Reich unit JG 27. The nose carried the unit emblem.
INFO Eduard - June 2021