WNr. 171180, 6./JG 300, München-Neubiberg, Germany, April–May 1945
Fw 190A-8, WNr. 171180, built by the parent company,
was discovered by the Allies at the end of the war
at the airfield in Neubiberg, not too far from Munich.
Damage sustained during taxiing on April 24, 1945,
was never repaired. JG300, as a Defense of the Reich
unit flying over Germany, marked its aircraft with
a blue-white-blue 900 mm wide fuselage band in
1945. The previous red fuselage band was discontinued in January 1945 and continued only on aircraft
served with JG 1. The original fuselage crosses were
overpainted and replaced with simplified versions in
black. Similarly, the fuselage code was replaced with
the yellow 4.
WNr. 172733, Uffz. Ernst Schröder, 5./JG 300, Löbnitz, Germany, October 1944
The aircraft flown by Ernst Schröder in October 1944
carried II. Gruppe markings in the form of a horizontal bar in the Staffel color behind the fuselage cross.
The slogan Kölle alaaf with the Cologne Coat of Arms
appeared on the left side of the fuselage, while the
name of Schroder’s girlfriend, Edelgard appeared
on the right. In November, the II. Gruppe marking disappeared under the 900 mm wide red band on the
rear fuselage. At the same time, the coat of arms was
complemented with shadowing as was the second
part of the inscription. Also an exclamation point was
added. The name of the girlfriend took on a fancier