S-199.178, Police Air Patrol, Praha-Ruzyně, Prague, Czechoslovakia, December, 1948
S-199 No. 178 was test flown by factory pilot Antonín Kraus on November 19, 1948, and on December
27 of the same year was ferried to Ruzyně, where
it was assigned to the Police Air Patrol. It was first
coded OK-BYW, and after a change to the marking
system it became B-4300 in March 1950. Proba-
bly in March 1951 the aircraft was passed on to the
Army for a stated cost of 802,000 CZK. The airframe had logged only 94 flight hours. Subsequently, it served from 1953 with No. 4 Aviation School
Regiment in Prostějov, coded UF-25. On October
19, 1953, it was severely damaged during landing.
The airframe was written off, but not scrapped and
remained unnoticed in the scrap yard at Olomouc.
From there, it was moved to the Kbely Aviation
Museum in 1969. Using the fuselage of this aircraft,
a single museum example of the Avia S-199 was
then restored and is a part of its display to this day.