The apron at Kbely with 2nd Flight, 1 Air Regiment, 3 Air Division in April 1951. The nearest aircraft is Avia S-199.444 with a freshly applied fuselage code JW-38 in accordance with
regulation VL number 0010941/51 dated March 15, 1951. The aircraft is Light Green-Grey with a white spinner, and the dark green wheel hubs and spinner base are also noteworthy.
The label applied by the National Factory for Paints reads “Paints and Varnishes for All
Uses in the Aviation Industry”. This was the company Tebas before it was nationalized,
and it supplied paints used on the S-199.
A reproduction of a page from the color chips of shades produced by the National Factory
for Paints and Varnishes from 1950, with the original notes preserved. The top row contains samples of light green-grey (RAL equivalents) and Avion 2036.02 (RLM 02), while
in the bottom right corner is a shade of blue for that component of the national marking
(labeled as Flag) Shade 66 corresponds to RLM 66 Black-Grey (for interiors and wheel
wells) and RLM 65 corresponding to shades used on the lower surfaces (Avion 2036.65).