Members of the 125th gv bap that took part in the Victory Day parade in Moscow on July 24th, 1945. Maria Dolina is laying down in the bottom row, fourth from the left.
Gunner/radio operator Malkova, serving with the 125th gv bap. Gunners were often interchanged within
units and did not have their own exclusive commanding officer. The photograph is dated July 6, 1943.
Maria Dolina, by now Melnikova, late in life.
1. Šiška, Jiří F. Rudé hvězdy válečného nebe. Votobia, Olomouc, 1998.
2. Khazanov D., Medved A. Osprey Combat Aircraft – 96, Pe-2. Osprey Publishing, Oxford, 2013
3. Anochin V., Bykov M. Vsje istrebitěľnyje polki aviapolki Stalina. Jauza-press, Moskva, 2014
4. Simonov A., Čudinova S. Geroji Sovětskogo Sojuza i Rossiji. Fond Russkije vitjazi. Moskva, 2017
Photographs used are from
the author’s archives.
INFO Eduard - June 2019
Pe-2, Mid production batch, Captain M. I. Dolina,
125. GBAP, VVS RKKA, Soviet Union, February 1944
membership in the French