Z-126, OK-JHD, No. 817, private owners, Chotěboř airfield, 2021
This Z-126 was test-flown on March 3, 1955 and stored afterwards until February 1, 1957. At that time it
was given the OK-JHD matriculation, and the military commission took over this trainer a week later. It was then used by Regional Aero Club Liberec.
Due to its intense service, it had to undergo its first
overhaul in 1959 by LOTN (Trenčín Aircraft Repairs).
The second overhaul followed in 1966 and the third
in 1974, this time at Aerotechnik Kunovice, where the aircraft received a brick orange livery with
a dark red stripe. In this form it was serving until
September 1979. A year later it was deleted from the
register and remained disassembled in the hangar
of the Liberec Aero Club where over the years became a spare parts source. Then, two members of
the Chotěboř Aero Club found it there some 20 years
later and decided to buy it and make it to fly again.
They also wanted their Trener to be given a historically accurate marking. Their first choice was the
design in which the Z-126 OK-IMB flew in the 1970´s
in Chotěboř and neighbor Aero Clubs. However, as
they lacked good reference materials, the choice
fell on the color scheme based on the coloring of
the aircraft of the famous Olomouc woman aerobatic group which was flying in 1957. The OK-JHD
was test-flown in this form on October 13, 2007 in
Otrokovice. Since then, it has been operated on the
Chotěboř airfield and used not only by its owners but
also by other pilots of the local Aero Club.
481084 Z-126/226 Trenér landing flaps (PE-Set)
648681 Z-126 Trener Walter Minor 4 engine PRINT (Brassin)
3DL48044 Z-126 SPACE (3D Decal Set)