Bf 109G-14, 13./ JG 53, Bad Wörishofen, Germany, 1945
IV. Gruppe JG 53 was formed out of III. Gruppe JG 76 at Hufingen, not far from the border with Switzerland at the
end of October 1944 and was equipped with later versions of the Bf 109G. Later, the unit also was equipped with
the more modern Messerschmitt Bf 109K. As a Defence of the Reich unit, it fought over the southern sector of the
Western Front until the end of April 1945, when it was disbanded.
‚Black 30‘ was discovered by advancing Allied troops at Bad Wörishofen. The rear fuselage had a 900 mm wide black
fuselage band, an identifier used by JG 53 when in the Defence of the Reich system. The wave bar on the rear fuselage
was reserved for aircraft of the IV. Gruppe.
INFO Eduard - November 2018