Avia C-10, EV-14, Fighter Training Centre, Czechoslovak Air Force, Planá Air Base, České Budějovice, 1947
The Fighter Training Centre, under the command of the 2nd Aviation Division, was established on February 1st, 1947,
and its task was to ensure combat training for fighter pilots that passed through the Flight School. At first, the S-89 was
used (Spitfire LF Mk.IXe), and in 1947 training was conducted on borrowed Avia C-10/S-99 aircraft, with the S-199 being
used from April 1948.
The Avia C-10/S-99 coded EV-14 served with the Army Air Force after deploying with the Police Air Patrol Unit, Czechoslovak Police Air Force. This is indicated not only by the red fields that adorned aircraft of this unit, but also the oversprayed
original markings on the fuselage sides and both upper and lower surfaces of the wings. The aircraft was painted on the
upper and side surfaces in a metal grey colour and on the lower surfaces in a darker grey.
INFO Eduard - November 2018