Z-226MS, OK-LMG, No. 135, private owner, Rakovník airfield, Czech Republic, 2020
This Trener was manufactured in 1957 as the Z-226T. After the engine reached its service life, the original Walter Minor 6-III engine was replaced by four-cylinder Minor 4-III (due to the shortage of six-cylinders) and the OK-LMG became the Z-126T. It was
later converted to the Z-226M and then to the Z-226MS as part of further overhauls. For several years it flew at Brno-Slatina,
and in 1991 it was acquired by the Aero Club Břeclav. During this period, it also changed its colors from red to blue-white combination. In 2009 the OK-LMG was sold to a group of private owners. The aircraft was given a drawing of a mouse on the port
side of the fuselage, very similar to the one Adolf Galland had painted on the fuselage of his Bf 109s. The OK-LMG is currently
"grounded" but will fly again.
Z-226T, HA-TRM, No. 369, JGTaviation, Tököl airfield, Hungary, 2021
This aircraft was manufactured in 1961 as the Z-226T and was exported to Hungary as part of the second delivery of Trainers to
this country. The interest was sparked by the great success of Hungarian aerobatic pilots at the 1962 World Aerobatic Championships. The Hungarians won both the individual (József Tóth) and team (József Tóth, Sándor Katona, Péter Fejes) trophies.
The HA-TRM served in the aeroclubs of Borsod or Farkashegy, today it is located at the airport in Tököl, where it is operated by
JGTaviation. Interesting features are the lack of stencilling on the airframe and a number of non-standard modifications in the
INFO Eduard - November 2021