Z-226MS, OM-MPX, No. 264, Aero Club Nové Zámky, Slovakia, 2021
Originally manufactured as Z-226B, the aircraft was registered of the then Czechoslovakia as OK-MPX on January 9, 1959. It was
operated at Prešov airfield, later used by the Aero Clubs of Holíč and Senica. In 1992 the aircraft was overhauled by Zlín-Avion
Service. It was the first overhaul carried out by the company (it was founded in 1991). Since 2009, OM-MPX, already in MS version,
is operated by the Aero Club Nové Zámky, where the aircraft underwent an extensive repair in 2011-2012, including the replacement of all canvas surfaces or canopy. At the same time, The OM-MPX received the current colours. On May 6, 2017, it was
damaged when the pilot hit the VPD marking with left wing. The wing was repaired by the Slovácký Aeroklub
Kunovice, but the paintwork failed to mix the exact shade of original paint, so the repaired area is clearly visible.
Z-226MS, OM-IFE, No. 741, Aero Club Trenčín, Slovakia, 2021
The aircraft of serial number 741 of Aero Club Trenčín, has a very interesting history. After the overhaul of the Treners at the
Letecké opravovne Trenčín (Trenčín Aircraft Repair Works - LOTN) was discontinued in 1978, the local aeroclub was given "tacit
approval" to choose what they needed from the parts that were to be scrapped. A number of members of the Trenčín Aero Club
worked at LOTN and Boris Kauka, the then head of the Aero Club, initiated the assembly of an airworthy Trener using the donated parts. The only part missing was the fuselage, which the Trenčín team eventually obtained as a gift from AK Holíč (Z-126).
In Otrokovice the fuselage was repaired (including replacement of the spar and engine mounts) and after
obtaining all necessary permissions the new Z-226M flew for the first time on April 4, 1980. It is still
flying today, since 1991 as Z-226MS version.
INFO Eduard - November 2021