Spitfire Mk.I, Fall 1939
1. Armor glass (50.8mm or 2 inch thickness) introduced to the windscreen (from September, 1939)
2. Barr & Stroud GM.2 reflector gunsight
3. New pitot tube configuration (standard from March, 1939)
4. Armored fuel tank by adding a 3mm metal plate outside the tank (fall, 1939), with the lower tank
covered with Limatex and later with a rubber compound effectively making it a self-sealing unit.
Spitfire Mk.I, Spring 1940
5. Voltage regulator moved to the bulkhead behind the pilot’s
6. Antenna system associated with the TR.9D Radio
1. A small number of Spitfire Mk.Is were equipped with a constant speed
Rotol RX 5/1 propeller.
INFO Eduard - DECEMBER 2020