OK-MPA, No. 246, Aero Club Frýdlant nad Ostravicí, Czech Republic, 2019
Trenér No. 246 was manufactured in 1958 and
was registered in December the same year as the
Z-226B towing special with rear controls only.
It flies with the Frýdlant nad Ostravicí Aero Club
from 2009, when it was brought from Havlíčkův
Brod Aero Club. During overhaul in 1989 the M-137
engine was installed and the V-503A automatic
pitch-control propeller as well. Thus, together
with other necessary changes it was brought to
the standard of Z-226MS. The aircraft was used in
various gliding contests as the tow, two of them,
the Euroglide 2008 and 2012 are commemorated
by stickers on the left side of the vertical fin. The
exhaust silencer was installed by Frýdlant Aero
Club to keep the noise levels low.